What do we want our children to walk away with at the end of the year?
- Promote an enjoyment for science
- Increased confidence when working scientifically
- Full implementation of Science NC across KS1/2
- Develop access to science beyond statutory National Curriculum
How will we do this?
- Quality first teaching with opportunity for CPD.
- Monitoring of the quality of teaching through work scrutiny, planning, acquisition of skills and pupil voice.
- Extra curricula activities (Science Quiz, Gliders club, Science club)
- Develop progression of skills, knowledge and understanding document
- Data analysis
- Introduce Working Scientifically at the start of every new school year for all year groups
What do we want the impact to be?
- Greater awareness of where each skill/topic fits into the bigger picture of Science NC (both children and adults)
- Evidence of the progression of skills in books.
- To gain experience and skills, drawing on the support of expertise.
- Children to enthusiastically be a part of and discuss their learning journey, using enriched vocabulary and discussion of skill.
- High attainment and progress for all children, supported through relevant intervention.
- Quality evidence of work across school on display and on social media: share with parents and stakeholders.
- More children achieving Mastery