Select Page


Special Educational Needs and Disability

Junction Farm Primary school is a mainstream school with Ofsted ‘outstanding’ status. We are aware that every child is an individual and has the right to have their needs met. At Junction Farm we cater for all children and young people with a wide range of needs including special educational needs. We are an enhanced mainstream school as we have a base to support children with Autism. You can find more details of this below.

There are four areas of SEND, these are:

  • Communication and Interaction
  • Cognition and Learning
  • Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties
  • Sensory and/or Physical Difficulties

Our governor with responsibility of SEND is Mr John Atkinson.

Government information regarding SEND can be found at:

As an EMS we currently have a Key Stage 1 classroom and Key Stage 2 classroom for children who are on the Autism spectrum. The provision is specifically tailored to support their special needs.

The Local Offer

You can find more information about the authority’s Local Offer for children and young people with SEND and their families by clicking the image below.

The School Offer

You can find the school’s offer of Special Educational Needs by clicking the imaged below.

If you have any concerns regarding your child’s needs please contact their class teacher who will be able to discuss your concerns.

If there are further concerns about a child’s support needs that require more specialist support this can be passed to the SENCO. Alternatively, if a teacher has concerns about a child, they will inform parents and speak to the SENCO for additional support. Specialist Individual support is sometimes required and this is provided through an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP).This means your child will have been identified by the LA as needing a particularly high level of individual or small group teaching which cannot be provided from the budget available to the school alone. Your child may also need support in school from a professional from outside the school.

  • Professional agencies who may be involved with supporting your child could be:
  • If a child is identified as having special educational needs, consent from parents is required to place them on the school’s SEN register where they will be closely monitored.
  • In addition to the authorities Local Offer, you can find
  • Alternatively you can find it on their website at:
  • Local Authorities and schools are required to publish and keep under review information about services that are available for children and young people with special educational needs (SEND) aged 0-25. This is called the ‘Local Offer ‘.

Enhanced Mainstream School (EMS)

You can find a link to our SEND policy here:

Our Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCO) is Miss Emma Relton. If you wish to speak to Miss Relton, you can contact the school office on 01642 781586 or via email:

  • Educational Psychologist
  • Occupational Therapy
  • Physiotherapy
  • Counsellor
  • Visually Impaired Advisory Service
  • Hearing Impaired Advisory Service
  • School Nurse
  • The Education Health Assessment (EHA) is a multi-agency approach which is used to support those families who are facing challenges, they can be contacted on 01642 526123