What do we want our children to walk away with at the end of the year?
- To have knowledge and understanding of the world around them
- Gain insight in to other cultures and ways of life
- Value differences and break down barriers and prejudices
- Gain skills and confidence to communicate verbally and non-verbally in a foreign language
- Children are more open to opportunities of working and travelling abroad
How will we do this?
- Quality first teaching with many opportunities for CPD
- Theory lesson as well as practical lessons
- Monitoring of the quality of teaching through work scrutiny, planning, acquisition of skills and pupil voice
- Annual Spanish day
- Develop progression of skills, knowledge and understanding document
- Data analysis
What do we want the impact to be?
- Evidence of the progression of skills in Spanish books.
- High attainment and progress for all children, supported through relevant intervention.
- Quality evidence of work across school on display
- More children achieving Mastery
- Gain experiences and skills drawing on the support of expertise
- Children to enthusiastically be a part of and discuss their learning journey, using enriched vocabulary and discussion of skill.