We currently have one vacancy at present
Teaching Assistant Level 3 (SCP 14-17)
£ 18316 per annum
36 hours per week
Term Time only
The Vision Academy Learning Trust is a highly successful Multi Academy Trust comprising 4 primaries and Egglescliffe Secondary School working together in a strong partnership. Our visitors comment on the extremely positive learning atmosphere at the within the Trust and the focus on every student achieving and exceeding their potential.
We are seeking to appoint a Specialist Teaching Assistant – with experience of working with children who have communication and interaction difficulties ages 11 to 18. The role will involve working with students and staff in the smaller enhanced mainstream base which has been recently built at Junction Farm Primary School as well as ensuring their transition to accessing some lessons in the mainstream provision at Egglescliffe School. The schools are approximately 5 minutes’ walk apart and the role will involve escorting small numbers of pupils between sites. The successful candidate will provide specialised 1:1 support to children with Autism – focusing on all aspects of the National Curriculum with a key focus on literacy, numeracy and social interaction and skills for life and provide emotional and behavioural support to specified children with ASD.
The successful candidate must have:
· Experience of working in an educational provision and ideally relevant qualifications in Learning Support and Autism Awareness.
· A calm, understanding and friendly personality
· The ability to manage behaviour and help students focus on any given task, encouraging pupils to interact with others and engage in activities led by the teacher.
· A professional, nurturing and resilient approach.
· Commitment and dependability within the workplace with ability to use your own initiative.
· An understanding of Autism.
· An understanding of the National Curriculum expectations at KS3 and 4.
· The confidence to address conflict and challenging behaviour, once trained.
· The willingness to work flexibly and constructively as part of a team, providing day to day classroom support to the children and assisting with pupil behaviour as and if required in a supportive manner.
· The awareness of Team Teach training would be desirable.
· The ability to establish good relationships with pupils, acting as a role model and responding to individual needs.
· The ability to helping plan lessons by preparing materials and resources.
· The capability to work with Teachers and the SENCO to ensure progress and development.
· The ability to escort small numbers of pupils between Egglescliffe and Junction Farm schools.
The Vision Academy Learning Trust can offer you a professional challenge and a rewarding opportunity, working with collaborative schools that are passionate about the progress and development of every student.
The Vision Academy Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will need to undertake a DBS enhanced clearance.
For further information about the role and to download an application form, please visit either www.egglescliffe.org.uk or www.junctionfarm.org.uk and send your completed application to: Mrs D Harrison,
Trust HR Officer, C/O Egglescliffe School, Urlay Nook Road, Eaglescliffe, Stockton on Tees. TS16 0LA or email to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 14th June 2019 at 8.30 am
Interviews will be held: w/c 17th June 2019