Learning about staying safe online is very important. At Junction Farm Primary School. We make sure our pupils are aware of some of the risks to safety that are online and what to do to stay safe. We have a set of rules which the children are expected to follow at home and in school to make sure they stay safe online. These rules can be viewed below and should be followed when using all kinds of technology such as mobile phones, games consoles and home computers. Pupils have access to futher e-safety resources on the Learning Platform.
We are committed to improving e-Safety not only in school but at home as well.
Junction Farm Acceptable Use Rules
- I will use only my own login and password, which I will keep a secret.
- I will not access other people’s files.
- I will use the computers only for schoolwork and homework.
- I will not bring USB (storage devices) into school without permission.
- I need permission from a member of staff before using the internet.
- I will only e-mail and open up e-mail attachments from people I know, or my teacher has approved.I will not deliberately look for, save or send anything that could be unpleasant or nasty.
- I will not give my home address or phone number, or arrange to meet someone, unless my parent or teacher has given permission.
- I will tell an adult if I see anything I am unhappy with or I receive a message I do not like.
- I understand that school can check my computer files, e-mail account and the Internet sites I visit.
- I will be responsible for my behaviour when using ICT because I know that the rules are to keep me safe.
If you have any concerns about safety online, please contact the school.